Friday 24 April 2015

An Easter Egg Hunt

Nonna remembers the Easter egg hunt in her own back garden.

Easter was over two weeks ago now, but spring continues to, well, spring! The weather has been up and down but was lovely today, reminding me of the Easter egg hunt we had with my two grandsons, Luca and Phynn. Little Seren isn't yet old enough, but I'm sure this time next year she'll be wanting to join in.


Phynn finds the first egg.


What's the next clue?



Luca races ahead

What's under the chiminea?

There's something down the old chimney


Sharesies

Enjoying the spoils. No chocolate for poor Maizie!


Visit the writing blog I share with fellow scribe Elaine Roberts: Write Minds Write Place

@FCapaldiBurgess


4 comments:

  1. Such lovely pictures of the Luca and Phynn, and growing up so quickly. Next year, Seren, I'm sure, will assert her girl power and give them a run for their money, Poor deprived Maizie, I hope she got an extra big biscuit for her patience.AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Maizie got plenty of scraps from the dinner table, AJ. Yes, Seren will be that age where she wants to be into everything the other's do - much to their annoyance, I should think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, proud Nonna. BTW many people call me Nonni. When my eldest granddaughter began to speak she decided her grandparents were Nonni and Doddi and so we have remained ever since. Moya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Moya. The reason for me being called 'Nonna' is a little less organic than your experience, as I decided before Luca was born to take on the Italian version of Grandma. Andrew didn't like the male version (Nonno) but did like the name I used to call my Welsh great grandfather, which was Pa, so together we are Nonna and Pa.

    ReplyDelete